Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How do I decide between the Quant Bootcamp, the Quant Core and the Quant Marathon?
• The main difference between the Quant Bootcamp or Quant Core and the Quant Marathon is in the scope and depth of learning. While all are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Quant Bootcamp provides a broad overview across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Quant Core allows for a longer period of time to absorb this overview and work through the theory and case studies; the Quant Marathon delivers a masters level, in-depth knowledge of the same.
• The Quant Bootcamp and Quant Core cater more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation, while with the Quant Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation.
• The Quant Bootcamp is delivered onsite in New York once per year in an intense six-day program. The Quant Marathon is delivered online and includes live sessions, so there are Spring and Fall terms that follow specific schedules. The Quant Core can be begun at any time and is a self-paced program.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, we offer a financial plan. Please email@example.com for inquires.
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll for the Quant Core?
No. You may enroll in and begin the Quant Core at any time.
2. Is the Quant Core available in other languages?
The lectures are in English. The study materials are available in many languages.
3. How much time do I need to dedicate per week for this program?
The Quant Core is self paced, so you can spend as little or as much time as you like studying in any week. However, if you want to gain an understanding of the material presented within three months, you should plan to dedicate approximately 8-10 hours weekly. This number varies depending on your background knowledge.
4. Are the instructors available for Q&A
No. The Quant Core is a self-guided course. You will have access to video lectures and study materials, but there is no interaction with ARPM instructors.
1. How do I prepare for the Quant Core?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
Additionally, you can sign up for the preparation classes on Math, Python or Matlab.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration).
2. What course material would I have access to?
Attendees have access to the ARPM Lab Lean materials: theory, case studies, data animations, documentation, code (Python/MATLAB), slides, recorded video lectures and exercises.
1. Is there a mandatory exam?
No. The Quant Core Certificate of Completion is issued based on tracked progress in viewing the video lectures and studying the Theory/Case Studies. See the Quant Core Overview. Also, Quant Core students are welcome to pursue the optional Certificate in Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management - ARPM Certificate
Sign up for the ARPM Quant CoreSIGN UP NOW