Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is it for?
You, likely, but not certainly. See here for more details.
2. How do I decide between the Quant Bootcamp and the Quant Marathon?
- The main difference is in the scope and depth of learning. While all are fueled by the ARPM Lab, the Quant Bootcamp live offerings (In Person(**) and Streaming) provide a broad overview across all fields of modern quantitative finance; the Quant Bootcamp On Demand allows for a longer period of time to absorb this overview and work through the theory and case studies; the Quant Marathon delivers a masters level, in-depth knowledge of the same.
- The Quant Bootcamp caters more to people who want to understand the inter-relationships between the topics across theory and implementation, while with the Quant Marathon, you get mastery of topics across theory and implementation.
- The Quant Bootcamp is delivered in August as a fully interactive streaming, and as an in-person event in New York. The Quant Bootcamp On Demand can be begun at any time and is a self-paced program. The Quant Marathon is delivered online and includes live sessions, so there are Spring and Fall terms that follow specific schedules.
(**) The Quant Bootcamp In Person is unavailable in 2020 due to COVID-19.
1. How much does it cost? Is there any special pricing?
We have different pricing for different categories of people. We also offer large group discounts. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquires.
2. How do I pay for it?
You can go to our Pricing page here, select the program and pay by credit card. We accept all major credit cards. We also accept payment through bank wires and certified checks. Please contact email@example.com for details.
3. Is there any monthly plan?
Yes, we offer a financial plan. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, please refer to our Pricing page.
1. Is there any deadline to enroll for the Quant Bootcamp?
The Quant Bootcamp registration closes when all available seats are filled.
2. What if I am unable to travel to New York for the Quant Bootcamp?
We will be delivering the Quant Bootcamp via streaming for those who are unable to attend in person.
3. Can I record the lectures at the Quant Bootcamp?
Recording (video and/or audio) is NOT permitted at our facilities.
4. Would I be able to interact with Dr Meucci outside of the lectures during the Quant Bootcamp?
Yes, there is a Q&A session on Friday for attendees to discuss questions with Attilio Meucci.
5. Do I need a laptop during the Quant Bootcamp?
It is highly recommended. Also, ensure you have several hours of battery life to last you throughout a full day of lectures.
6. Is there any dress code for the Quant Bootcamp?
The dress code is casual. We believe it is important to feel comfortable in order to best absorb the materials.
7. Is the Quant Bootcamp available in other languages?
The lectures are in English. The study materials are available in many languages.
8. Would you help me get the US visa for the Quant Bootcamp?
We provide formal letters of invitation upon request.
1. How do I prepare for the Quant Bootcamp?
We recommend you brush up on the basics of: linear algebra (eigenvectors, eigenvalues), calculus (derivative, integral), and statistics (“pdf”, “cdf”, “i.i.d.”).
Additionally, you can sign up for the preparation classes on Math, Python or Matlab.
Also, we recommend you read the Executive Summary of “The Checklist” for Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management (accessible upon free account registration).
Three months of ARPM Lab access are included with all Quant Bootcamp purchases, so In Person and Streaming attendees can review the materials before the event.
2. What course material would I have access to?
Attendees have full access to the ARPM Lab: theory, case studies, data animations, documentation, code (Python/MATLAB), slides and exercises.
1. Are there any networking opportunities?
Yes. One of the reasons to attend the Quant Bootcamp is a chance to network with a large community of finance professionals and academics, see here.
1. Is there a mandatory exam?
No. The Quant Bootcamp In Person Certificate of Attendance is issued based on physical presence. The Quant Bootcamp Streaming Certificate of Attendance is based on online viewing lectures and quest speakers. The Quant Bootcamp On Demand Certificate of Completion is issued based on tracked progress in viewing the video lectures and studying the Theory/Case Studies. Also, Bootcampers are welcome to pursue the optional Certificate in Advanced Risk and Portfolio Management - ARPM Certificate
Sign up for the ARPM Quant BootcampSIGN UP NOW
Fordham University Lincoln Center
113 W 60th St, New York, NY 10023